Thursday, January 24, 2008

All going smooth so far

Hey everyone, I'm sorry to be posting so late. The meeting tonight went pretty lengthy. Seven preachers spoke for about 20 to 30 minutes apiece. Bro. T. L. Craft was the first to speak, and in his beginning remarks, he stated, "For those who want to know why I'm here... I'm here because I WANT to be here." When he said that, Bro. Adam leaned over to me and said "There's something for the forums."lol (I'm sure most of you know about all of the letters that have been circulating about this meeting, and why people are going, etc.) Then Bro. Booker, Bro. Odom, Bro. Johnny Godair, Bro. Coon, Bro. Kenny Godair, and Bro. Wilson all spoke. Then we had food afterward.lol

As I told you previously, I was asked to help usher for this weekend. Which I did tonight. Bro. Adam and Bro. Scotty, who are also ushers, counted the number of people in the sanctuary, along with two other ushers, and counted over 1,000 people in the meeting tonight. (I hear more people are expected to come tomorrow.)

I'm so glad that I've been able to come to this meeting; and even to be apart of it is cool too. :-) (for Mama & Preston ->) I said hi to Bro. Marty Bales, Bro. Keith Nix, Bro. Kelly Nix, Bro. Les Murphy. Bro. & Sis. Meaderds from LaGrande were there too - said hi to them. I told Mark King that we loved his "Announcements Sermon".lol There was many more people there that we know who I didn't have time to greet tonight. I'll see them all tomorrow though.

Anyway, I need to be at the church tomorrow morning at 8:30 to set up my laptop again for the Bible Quizzing booth, then church starts at 9. Tomorrow will be a long but very good day!

PS - if anyone has any questions or comments about my posts or about the meeting, or even if you just like to read my comments, please post in the "comments" section. I want to know that people are actually reading my blog, and that I'm not just posting to see myself type.lol So please at least post your name so I know who's reading.lol
Thanks,
BTW, tell your friends about this blog, maybe they'll enjoy reading my thoughts on the Apostolic Summit too!

7 comments:

Erica Rose said...

Hello cousin! Have no fear! You have readers!!! I have enjoyed reading your thoughts and it ALMOST feels like I have gone! Keep up the posting!

Jeremy D. Price said...

Thanks for the updates. Keep them coming.

scott phillips said...

I enjoy reading, keep it up. Would love to see how many join by turning in applications.

Unknown said...

I found your blog on a Google blog search (I was intentionally seeking out Tulsa Apostolic Summit updates).

Just wanted to assure you that you are being read. I appreciate it.

preston said...

Hey Bro,

Sounds like your having a good time. I won't be able to stay updated since I'll be up at Winter Retreat. I'll wait to hear all about it when I get home though. Have a good time!

Love ya,
Preston

Unknown said...

good to know that the conference is going well and is als owell attended I truly believe this is going to be a great organization. PS thanks for the updates please keep them coming

Jarron said...

Hey, there's no way that I'd be able to find out how many people have turned in their membership applications so far. However, whenever I walk by the booth, there's always a line of men in front.