Friday, January 25, 2008

Triple the benefits. Half the price

Pretty good deal, eh?

Now, I won't act like I'm an expert on any of these subjects, as I am only a very young man. However, it seems to me that two very important issues in this meeting besides doctrine, morals, ethical issues, holiness, etc, which was all WELL covered earlier this morning, are the subjects about "Dues" and "Insurance". My dad, who just left the UPC, said that the Dues are about half with WPF. ($60.00 monthly, however, you do not pay extra to your district. All a minister is required to pay is $60.00 monthly.) Not only that, but insurance benefits, which were a total of $10,000 with UPC, would now, with WPF, be a total of $30,000 (20k minister, 10k spouse). Thus tripling the value. An insurance man explained all this to everyone in the meeting today.

So, from my perspective, it seems like a pretty good deal! :-) Obviously, this does not have much significance morally or spiritually, but it sure is fun to talk about!

No comments: