Saturday, January 5, 2008

Just bought my plane Ticket!!!

Hey everybody!
If you don't know what the "Apostolic Summit" is all about, allow me to briefly fill you in.
My pastor, Rev. Larry L Booker, along with several other men of God have been in the process of forming a new "ministerial fellowship" for some time. The "Apostolic Summit" in Tulsa, Oklahoma (January 24-25, 2008) will be the first meeting of this new fellowship which has recently been given the name "Worldwide Pentecostal Fellowship". (http://worldwidepf.org/)

The purpose of this meeting is to provide an alternative fellowship that will continue to take a stand against worldliness, rather than giving in to the pressures of the world or to be "accepted" by the world. I think the thing that really brought this all to a head was the "resolution #4" issue at the General Conference in Tampa - the decision to allow UPC churches to advertise on television. (And the thought was that this will lead to permitting televisions in UPC homes. From what I'm hearing now, that was a very accurate assessment.)

At first when I heard about this conference, I didn't know if I would be able to go, because of work, school, money, etc. However after giving it not very much thought, I decided that I REALLY wanted to go to this meeting. I had discussed the whole issue with my dad at many different occasions, and he told me that he really wanted me to go to Tulsa. However we didn't know if Bro. Booker would allow me to go, since I am not a minister. Last Monday, December 31, while I was at the mall, my dad talked to Bro. Booker on the phone about the possibility of my going with them to Tulsa. This was answered in the affirmative. Actually, Bro. Booker wants Preston to go too, but I don't think he will be able to, because he has to help in our church's "Winter Youth Retreat" while Bro. Berrier (our youth leader) is in Tulsa with all of us.

Anyhow, when I met up with my dad, he told me Bro. Booker's answer, to which I rejoiced with exceeding great joy. That night, as soon as we got home from the mall, I got on my laptop, and an hour later I had my plane ticket and reservations for a round-trip plane ride to Tulsa, Oklahoma. WOOHOO!

No comments: